This manual is created to explain how users can use the Open Social platform. In this manual, you will find the main components Open Social consists of and how Open Social's key functions can be reached.
In the right sidebar, you can see an overview of all the components and functions included in this document.
Open Social is a platform on which users can:
Collaborate with others
Open Social makes collaboration with others easy. Users can:
- Create groups to gather people with the same interests, expertise or tasks
- Organise events where people can meet in person or online
- Share information and create a discussion with a post or a topic
- Share information on social media to attract more public attention.
Communication between members
Users can communicate with each other by posting on each other’s profiles, sending a private message or leaving comments on posts, events and topics created by others. Users can also mention other users in a post or comment, or like an event, topic, post, comment or reply on comments created by others.
Explore the community
Users can explore the whole community through:
- Explore function. With the explore function, users can easily browse all the activities, events, topics, groups and users of the community.
- Search function. With the search function, users can find a specific event, topic, user or group easily.
Stay up to date with the latest activities
Users are always up to date with the latest activities of the community via:
- Activity stream. Users can check what a person, a group and the whole community has been doing.
- Personal notification. Users are notified with important activities which require their attention or action.
Manage own account and profile
Open Social allow users to manage: