Privacy Statement of Open Social B.V.
26 May 2021
During the processing of personal data Open Social B.V. works conform to the requirements of the applicable data protection legislation, like the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This means we:
- clearly specify our purposes before we process personal data, by using this privacy statement;
- limit our collection of personal data to only the personal data needed for legitimate purposes;
- first ask for explicit permission to process your personal data in cases where your permission is required;
- take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data and we demand the same from parties who process personal data on our behalf;
- respect your right to access, correct or delete your personal data held by us.
Open Social B.V. is the party responsible for all data processing. In this privacy statement, we will explain what kind of personal data we collect and for which purposes within our platform Community Talks. We recommend that you read it carefully.
If you have any questions regarding the processing of personal data, you can find the contact details of Open Social B.V. at the end of this privacy statement.
Access to portal
Within our portal, you can access account and profile settings, where you can set, specify and change data and settings. We will keep track of your activities for proof.
For this purpose, we request your name and address details, phone number, email address, profile picture, IP address, organization and function. We need this data because of our agreement with you. We store this information for three months after our services to you have ended.
Providing data to third parties
Except for the parties necessary to deliver the above-mentioned services, we do not under any circumstance provide your personal data to other companies or organisations, unless we are required to do so by law (for example, when the police demand access to personal data in case of a suspected crime).
Our website features social media buttons. These buttons are used by the providers of these services to collect your personal data.
We keep statistics on the use of our website, giving us access to individual data. However, we only access individual data insofar as necessary for the purposes set out in this statement.
The first time you visit our website, we will show you a notification explaining our cookies and ask for your permission for the use of these cookies.
We take security measures to reduce misuse of and unauthorized access to personal data. Please read our separately published security policy for more information. It can be found here: https://www.getopensocial.com/legal-and-security/.
Changes to this privacy statement
We reserve the right to modify this statement. We recommend that you consult this statement on a regular basis, so that you remain informed of any changes.
Inspection and modification of your data
You have the following rights:
- Right of access: you have the right to see what kind of personal data we processed about you;
- Right of rectification: you have the right to rectify any personal data we have processed about you, if this information is (partially) wrong;
- Right to complain: you have the right to file a complaint against the processing of your personal data by us, or against direct marketing;
- Right to be forgotten: you can file a request with us to remove any personal data we have processed of you;
- Right to data portability: if technically possible, you have the right to ask us to transfer your processed personal data to a third party;
- Right to restriction of processing: you can file a request with us to (temporarily) restrict the processing of your personal data.
If you exercise any of the rights mentioned above, we might ask to identify yourself with a valid ID, to confirm it is your personal data. If so, it is important that you hide your social security number and photo.
We will usually respond to your request within one month. This term can be extended if the request is proven to be complex or tied to a specific right. You will be notified about a possible extension of this term.
If you want to file a complaint about our use of personal data, please send an email with the details of your complaint to email@example.com. We will look into and respond to any complaint we receive.
If you think that we are not helping you in the right way, you have the right to file a complaint at the authority. For The Netherlands, this is the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens.
Open Social B.V.
Oude Markt 9B
7511GA Enschede, The Netherlands