Events allow users to organize, discuss topics, and join activities.
There are a few things you can do regarding an event:
- Events can be placed in a group or outside a group. When creating it outside a group the event is visible on the home page stream and on the profile of the author or the event overview in a group.
- You can create an event by using the ‘+’ button in the header menu or the button on the event overview page of your profile. When creating an event, you can choose to either add it to a group or not. You can also create an event in a group directly from the group itself.
- Creating an event inside a closed group will only be available to members of that group.
- An author can edit their own event, but site managers and content managers can edit any event created by others unless they are unpublished.
- The same goes for deleting an event. This can be done at the bottom of the event edit page, or management roles can delete it from the content overview.
- A logged-in user can filter events within specific date ranges of event: before/after/between + date/set of dates (see attachment to see functionality in current GGW filter)
- Logged-in users can filter events by location by entering a specific city or country and a specific range of km/miles from the city/country selected.
How to create an Event
More about events: