Events allow users to organize, discuss topics, and join activities.
There are a few things you can do regarding an event:
- Events can be placed in a group or outside a group. When creating it outside a group the event is visible on the home page stream and on the profile of the author or the event overview in a group.
- You can create an event by using the ‘+’ button in the header menu or the button on the event overview page of your profile. When creating an event, you can choose to either add it to a group or not. You can also create an event in a group directly from the group itself.
- Creating an event inside a closed group will only be available to members of that group.
- An author can edit their own event, but site managers and content managers can edit any event created by others unless they are unpublished.
- The same goes for deleting an event. This can be done at the bottom of the event edit page, or management roles can delete it from the content overview.
- A logged-in user can filter events within specific date ranges of event: before/after/between + date/set of dates (see attachment to see functionality in current GGW filter)
- Logged-in users can filter events by location by entering a specific city or country and a specific range of km/miles from the city/country selected.
How to create an Event
Add events to your personal calendar.
Site managers to configure whether or not your users can add events to an external calendar. For now, we support Yahoo, Google, and Outlook and will be able to extend this with other calendars in the future. You can configure this through the Dashboard in a new link (as shown in the image below).
More about events: