This manual explains how the Discussions Extension works for regular users, site managers, and content managers. This page explains what the extension is and what it does.
Note: This feature is not part of the default Open Social product , but can be ordered as an extension.
What are Discussions?
The Discussions extension provides community members a place to ask questions, start discussions and get to know each other. Similar to any content on the platform, a discussion can be created by a logged-in user, added to groups, and featured on landing pages or dashboards. The extension allows:
- Discussions with assigned moderators and a start-end date.
- Comments using an editor with styling
- Discussions placement in- or outside a group
- An overview of all discussions can be placed as a link in the menu
- Content tagging for filtering
- Approval of comments and anonymous comments
- Forum view for discussion rooms